Monday 14 January 2013

Sevans Davros


 
Of all the kits I’ve assembled, this is the one I’m the most pleased with. Whereas the main join lines on my Cyberman are visible, and those on my Ice Warrior are discernable, the ones on my Davros are such that you wouldn’t be blamed for thinking that his torso came as one single part!


I mixed a custom pot of paint for his skin, and then did some shading and other little effects to make the finish as realistic as possible.

 
The template for the sticky-back foil sheet that went on his backrest was, in my case, the wrong shape. I discovered this after I’d cut it out, but was fortunately able to make a new custom one using the spare foil. This was a fine example of the good sense in giving the kit-maker more material than he needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment